Staff & Board
Community Health Free Clinic Staff
Community Health Free Clinic is led by our CEO and COO.
Co-Founder and CEO
Darlene spent more than 30 years as an office nurse before becoming the first executive director of the Cedar Rapids Free Medical Clinic in 1995. Together with Dr. Galbraith, she started Community Health Free Clinic in 2002. Darlene is responsible for the clinic’s daily operations, community outreach, fundraising, and provider recruitment.
Chief Operating Officer
Jamie joined Community Health Free Clinic in 2015 as director of development and marketing. In 2017, he became Chief Operating Officer. Jamie is responsible for donor and business development (fundraising, grant writing, cultivating strategic business partners), administration (information technology, reporting, facilities), and public relations (marketing, press releases, community presentations).
- President: Darline Davermann-Reid, Mount Mercy University
- Vice President: Greg DeWolf, Mercy Medical Center
- Secretary: Sue Lowder, Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust
- Treasurer: Laura Wirth, Transamerica
- Assistant Treasurer: Kelly Allsup, Transamerica
- Medical Director: John Banks, MD, Community Volunteer
- Terri Christoffersen, Community Volunteer
- Dave Muller, MD, Iowa Eye Center
- Dennis Naughton, Naughton Law Firm
- Kevin Techau, Keep Iowa Beautiful
- Jerry Tiedt, Waverly Hospital
- Aimee Traugh, UnityPoint Health-St. Luke’s Hospital
- Jeanette Werling, Paramount Health Options